Introduction
A warning: All of The Sims 4 that we've seen on Sims Camp is pre-alpha software. The interface is not final. For this reason it was not allowed to make videos and we could only make some pictures at the end of the masterclass.
The Sims 4 Build Mode masterclass was given by Aaron Houts, the Sims 4 construction tool designer! Follow him on Twitter!
Since it mainly is about new opportunities, I assume that you already have experience with The Sims 3. Most fans on my site have that experience, and it is difficult to explain without pictures. All new possibilities I will therefore compare things with the previous series. And since the functionalities I will try to tell you in a way that makes it fun to read - rather than simply rattling off the facts. If I'm not talking about here it is not discussed at Camp Sims! But because we could only take some pictures at the end and no further I must rely on my notes. So there is a chance that I've missed some crucial pieces. Watching the demo, listen to the demo, try to understand what the person who gives the demo told, write everything down and keep everything is difficult. It looks easier than it is. I did my best, but I still here and there to improvise with the "terms" in this article.So do not spend too much attention to the exact names that I use in this article.
First you should know that we now have construction tools. It's not really a loose construction and sale mode. As far as I understood we build tools and a catalog. More on that later. If you find the blueprint feature in The Sims 3 convenient, go up the possibilities of The Sims 4 great find with regard to the building. I build myself a lot and think I do not need help to make to build a nice house easier but the ones I've seen are great. You can build the home of your dreams. Even people who say they can not build houses will be able to make a few clicks.
Foundations
In The Sims 4 there are still foundations. The big improvement here is that afterwards you can add. Foundations You do not because you want to build up a foundation. Underneath your house again You can also adjust the height of the foundation without tricks or cheats. It is now a built-in capability.